November 2017 Board meeting

Good meeting in Scott Newman’s Jeep at the racecourse today!    Here are the minutes with action items in red.  I will also put them online.   Attendees, please reply all if you disagree with anything summarized below.
  1. Attendees – Dave C:  1 hr of volunteer time for Leslie Mitchell, David Rothenburger, Deb Cunningham, David Kahn, Scott Newman, Rick Edrich
  2. November race recap – For next year, the start/finish line needs to be on the south side of the path.  With it on the north as it was today, there is a conflict between those starting and those finishing the 5k.
  3. December race – Deb & Dave C are RDs.  Deb has the permit.
  4. Volunteer of the month = Ed Gussie because of his help at all of the fall MTS and his help at the November TS (traffic control + setup & clenan up)
  5. 2018 Race Calendar
          We agreed that we WILL host all 12 races next year.
          The September TS will be run on 9/9.  It will be a 10 miler and will be combined with the MTS that would normally be on that Sunday.
          The October race will be the 8 miler to accommodate this plan
          Rick Edrich will look at Westminster City Park to host the race b/c we know the course out there.  If Westminster is not an option, Trailhead Park is the backup.
          Note – Westminster gave us our last race for free under the condition we park on the opposite side of the park.  Many members did not follow these directions and that could make Westminster less inclined to cut us a deal going forward.
 
6.  2018 Board members – the following current board members will continue:  Leslie Mitchell as Treasurer, David Rothenburger as Race Committee Chair, Deb C wherever needed, Dave C Volunteer Coordinator, David Kahn, Scott Newman, Rick Edrich.  
Lisa, can you confirm that the following people will continue?  Lisa as Pres, Michael Blanchette as VP, Sandra LeBlanc as Membership Chair.
Two new potential board members:  Scott will ask Cori Diekmeir and Rick will ask Angie Hamel.
 
7.  Next board meeting – the board assembled did not like the idea of meeting after the TS.  The concensus what that it was already a long day and we just wanted to go home.  The next meeting will be on Monday, 11/27 at bar/restaurant near I25 and either Colorado or University.   Lisa, No one volunteered to find a venue.  Would you select a place?
 
8.  End of year banquet, awards & gifts
– Homestead golf club.  Because of the club’s financial situation, we agreed to charge $5 to everyone attending the banquet except our four non-running volunteers (Tom, Sharyl, Rosalie and Rochelle).   The $5 price applies to those w/ 15 volunteer hours or more.  Those w/ fewer than 15 vol hours will be charged $15.  We need to do a facebook post about the banquet.  Deb to coordinate post w/ Lisa.
– Michael B was not at the meeting, so no decisions on gifts.  David will look into Polo Shirts and Dave C had an idea on socks.   We’ll decide next month after hearing from Michael B, David and Dave C.
 
9.  Track – North HS worked well.  We want to continue there next year.  Rick Edrich will get the permit for 2018.  Leslie Mitchell will ask the Columbines if they would be willing to welcome RMRR members to their Tuesday night track sessions.  These are down south, so would offer an option for those who do not want to drive up north.   Leslie also raised the point that we should expect those at track to become RMRR members if they regularly participate.  The first time free is fine, but this is a valuable benefit.  We didn’t have a formal vote on this, so Lisa, pls add to the next agenda.
 
10. Colfax water stop check.   Leslie has not received a check.   Lisa, please follow-up.
 
11.  Michael Blanchette’s idea for a referral bonus.  The board loved this idea and agreed to a $5 referral deduction on one’s annual membership dues.   For example, Michael’s single dues would be $25 instead of $35 because of the two members he referred.   We need to do two things to formalize this:  1) Dave C add a line on the next printing of the app to show a referral name.   Lisa – publicize with a FB post.  We will rely on the member to deduct their referral bonus at the time of their renewal.   The name box on the app is more for the board’s info about how well this is working.
 
12.  Treasurer’s report.  The situation is not as dire as Leslie thought, but it is worse than last year.  We have lost $800 through 11/4 and still have our RRCA renewal to pay.   We will likely lose $1500-$2000 this year.  We discussed options like increasing membership dues, charging a fee to attend the banquet, and asking Track attendees to become members.  We agreed to look at the financials in January and talk about what to do with dues.  Lisa, pls add the budget to the agenda for the next board meeting.

Comments are closed.